XDC Main & Test Networks Overviews
XDC main net is a blockchain protocol designed for enterprise use cases, including supply chain management, trade finance, and more. It is built with the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) and uses a consensus mechanism called Delegated Proof of Stake (DPoS) to achieve faster transactions and lower fees.
The XDC main net is the production version of the XDC protocol, where real-world transactions occur. It is designed to support high transaction throughput, with a capacity of up to 2,000 transactions per second. The XDC main net is fully decentralized and open source, allowing anyone to participate in the network as a validator or node operator.
- 1.Supply Chain Management: XDC can be used to track the movement of goods across the supply chain, enabling greater transparency and accountability.
- 2.Trade Finance: XDC can be used to facilitate international trade transactions, with faster settlement times and lower fees than traditional methods.
- 3.Payments: XDC can be used as a payment method for goods and services, with fast transaction confirmation times and low fees.
- 4.Decentralized Applications (DApps): XDC supports the development of decentralized applications, with smart contracts that can execute automatically when certain conditions are met.
Apothem is a test network for the XDC protocol, designed to allow developers and users to test the protocol's functionalities without using real funds. It is a fully functional network that replicates the XDC main net's features, but with a separate blockchain.
The Apothem test network is primarily used by developers to test their smart contracts and applications before deploying them on the XDC main net. It allows developers to test their code in a safe environment without the risk of losing funds. The test network also allows users to experiment with the XDC protocol's functionalities and learn how to use it before using the main net.
Some of the functionalities of the Apothem test network include:
- 1.Creating and testing smart contracts: Developers can create and test their smart contracts on the Apothem test network before deploying them on the XDC main net.
- 2.Testing transaction speed and fees: Users can test the transaction speed and fees of the XDC protocol on the Apothem test network, which is similar to the XDC main net.
- 3.Learning how to use XDC: Users can experiment with the XDC protocol's functionalities and learn how to use it before using the main net.
In summary, the XDC main net is a production blockchain network that supports high transaction throughput and a wide range of enterprise use cases, while the Apothem test network is a separate blockchain network designed for testing the XDC protocol's functionalities without using real funds. Both networks offer developers and users the ability to experiment with the XDC protocol's functionalities and learn how to use it.